Saturday, March 20, 2010

I Feel Old

Last night I went out with my husband and some of his friends. We left to go to the bars at around 9:30pm. I made J stop and get me a redbull because I knew I was not going to make it without some help. As we were driving and I'm drinking my redbull a thought crosses my mind, "When the heck did I get so old?" I clearly remember the days when it was no problem to stay up past midnight. It doesn't seem to be a problem for J or his friends. They still have their feet firmly planted in college drinking days. Even though that was only 7 years ago for me, it feels like a lifetime ago. Now, most days you will find me in bed by 9. Last night I went to bed at 3am...wow, I can't believe I made it!

Of course that's not helping things today since I had planned for J and I to spend the weekend cleaning out and painting our apartment. Our lease is up April 15th and we've been dragging our feet getting things taken care of. We've been living in our house for about 6 weeks...so you'd think we'd have all our stuff moved by now, but no. It's a good weekend to stay indoors though. After a whole week of nice weather and signs of Spring, Winter had to pop in one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment