Friday, August 27, 2010

Birthday Fun

Last weekend was my youngest brother-in-law's 1st birthday. Despite not feeling too great (more on that later) I went because I love kid's birthday parties. It's kind of nostalgic. My birthdays as a child weren't anything spectacular, but I think I loved them so much because I was with my family. Well, that and there was cake and presents ;-)

I love watching my brother-in-laws grow up. My teeny tiny nephew was there too and we were in awe of much they grow in just a year. It seems like yesterday we were at the hospital welcoming little Jesse into this world.



I can't believe how big he's gotten!



He wasn't exactly into his Elmo cake though...



And a word to the wise...red frosting is not the best color choice!



His highchair didn't fair so well, and neither did Elmo...



I was really excited when Jesse opened our present and he took interest in the book we got him right away. It was like he knew exactly what to do.



I had been curious at how Jesse's big brother would act during his party. After all, up until now everything had been about him. He was really good though. While he was playing outside I took the opportunity to try out my camera on child mode. Slowly but surely I will learn how to take beautiful pictures. Hopefully in time for our Japan trip! Here are a few...







So it was a fun day. I can't wait until our trip to Tennessee in a few weeks. My first trip with Jason's family and 5 whole days enjoying the cuteness that is my brother-in-laws and nephew.

1 comment:

  1. noted, no red frosting! I would have never thought about that! It looks like a great party and your little nephew is adorable!

    ReplyDelete