I had a great Labor Day weekend. The only thing that would have made it better is if J had been off of work too. Unfortunately he had to work Saturday and Sunday, but we still had plenty of time together. Besides, we both took off of work tomorrow through Sunday for our Tennessee vacation so we'll have plenty more time together.
My only plan for the weekend was to get some yard work done, which didn't really happen because it rained off and on most of the weekend. I did get one flowerbed weeded on Sunday, so I accomplished something! The rest of the weekend I relaxed, baked cupcakes, and spent time with family.
Friday evening was spent baking a cupcake recipe I'd been dying to try out. Devils food cake cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting, yum! They turned out great and I sent them with J to work on Saturday, only 6 out of 24 returned. I had topped them with mini chocolate chips and J told me several co-workers thought they were cookie dough flavored before actually tasting them. J's favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough and I decided to Google for a cookie dough frosting recipe. I found one and decided with J's birthday coming up I would make him some for his birthday. Well then I couldn't stop thinking how tasty they looked and Monday I baked more cupcakes to take to work with me today. This time I made half with the peanut butter frosting and half with the cookie dough frosting and OMG they were delicious! They were a huge hit at work. I've already been asked if I'll make more so those who were not working today can have one. Since I love to bake I'll do it gladly...just maybe in a week or two. I'm making more tomorrow to take with us to TN because J's family has been asking when they get some, haha!
Saturday was a relaxing day. I had bought the book Eat, Pray, Love on Friday and spent much of the day lounging and reading. I love this book! Currently I'm about halfway through the book and plan on finishing it during our travels to TN.
Sunday I did some yard work pulling weeds when it wasn't raining and then in the evening I went to my mother-in-law's for dinner. In true summer fashion (technically it is still summer) we had brats, chips, watermelon, pasta salad, and brownies for dessert. I love dinner at my mother-in-laws'! J's sister and her husband were there as well with my nephew. Today he is one month old and he is already changing so fast. He's filling out and his eyes darkened to a chocolate brown like his mama and uncle J. He looks sooo much like his mom and uncle J's baby pictures. I don't know how I can stand all the cuteness of two J look-a-likes. We all call my youngest brother-in-law J's mini-me because they look almost exactly the same. Anyway, back to my nephew. We are all sitting around and everyone is fighting over who gets to hold him. My mother-in-law was all over him, changing him, feeding him, burping him. It's the sweetest thing to watch all this love between family. I feel so blessed to call them family and I hope that someday my nephew realizes how lucky he is to have so many people that love him and are so involved in his life. I got to hold him twice, I didn't want to give him up. He's making more sounds and his eyes are open a lot more now. He loves to stare at the ceiling. I really wish they were coming with us to TN, but I understand why they are not. My evening ended playing cards with my in-laws. I didn't win at all, but I learned a new game.
Monday we visited my father-in-law and then went to my mother-in-law's again so that J could spend some time with his family. We watched the movie Dutch and had dinner with them. After we came home I made another batch of cupcakes.
My only plan for the weekend was to get some yard work done, which didn't really happen because it rained off and on most of the weekend. I did get one flowerbed weeded on Sunday, so I accomplished something! The rest of the weekend I relaxed, baked cupcakes, and spent time with family.
Friday evening was spent baking a cupcake recipe I'd been dying to try out. Devils food cake cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting, yum! They turned out great and I sent them with J to work on Saturday, only 6 out of 24 returned. I had topped them with mini chocolate chips and J told me several co-workers thought they were cookie dough flavored before actually tasting them. J's favorite ice cream is chocolate chip cookie dough and I decided to Google for a cookie dough frosting recipe. I found one and decided with J's birthday coming up I would make him some for his birthday. Well then I couldn't stop thinking how tasty they looked and Monday I baked more cupcakes to take to work with me today. This time I made half with the peanut butter frosting and half with the cookie dough frosting and OMG they were delicious! They were a huge hit at work. I've already been asked if I'll make more so those who were not working today can have one. Since I love to bake I'll do it gladly...just maybe in a week or two. I'm making more tomorrow to take with us to TN because J's family has been asking when they get some, haha!
Saturday was a relaxing day. I had bought the book Eat, Pray, Love on Friday and spent much of the day lounging and reading. I love this book! Currently I'm about halfway through the book and plan on finishing it during our travels to TN.
Sunday I did some yard work pulling weeds when it wasn't raining and then in the evening I went to my mother-in-law's for dinner. In true summer fashion (technically it is still summer) we had brats, chips, watermelon, pasta salad, and brownies for dessert. I love dinner at my mother-in-laws'! J's sister and her husband were there as well with my nephew. Today he is one month old and he is already changing so fast. He's filling out and his eyes darkened to a chocolate brown like his mama and uncle J. He looks sooo much like his mom and uncle J's baby pictures. I don't know how I can stand all the cuteness of two J look-a-likes. We all call my youngest brother-in-law J's mini-me because they look almost exactly the same. Anyway, back to my nephew. We are all sitting around and everyone is fighting over who gets to hold him. My mother-in-law was all over him, changing him, feeding him, burping him. It's the sweetest thing to watch all this love between family. I feel so blessed to call them family and I hope that someday my nephew realizes how lucky he is to have so many people that love him and are so involved in his life. I got to hold him twice, I didn't want to give him up. He's making more sounds and his eyes are open a lot more now. He loves to stare at the ceiling. I really wish they were coming with us to TN, but I understand why they are not. My evening ended playing cards with my in-laws. I didn't win at all, but I learned a new game.
Monday we visited my father-in-law and then went to my mother-in-law's again so that J could spend some time with his family. We watched the movie Dutch and had dinner with them. After we came home I made another batch of cupcakes.
So even though we didn't do anything exciting or go anywhere for the holiday weekend, it was still a great weekend. It should be an even better week. Tennessee here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment