Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Even though J and I are no longer religious, we still celebrate the Christian holidays with our families. Today we went to church with my family and then had brunch with FIL's family and lunch with MIL's family. Holidays are usually a whole lot of running around and eating for us!



One thing that has changed in the past few years is that there is now the presence of babies and toddlers at family functions. J's cousins have started to have children and his father who re-married nearly 5 years ago now has two little boys, one is nearly three and the other is 8 mo.

Holidays are so much more fun with little ones around. SIL got some Easter presents for their little boy who is due in August. It is going to be weird once their baby comes. I think we are going to feel like the odd ones out being the only ones in either family with no children. Hopefully next Easter we will have a little one on the way, but I know things take time and we will have to be patient.

Yesterday J and I spent part of the day at our apartment painting. Our lease is up the 15th so now we can't procrastinate any longer. I ended up doing most of the painting. J managed to break the first roller within 5 minutes along with having paint dripping down the wall. He helped do the trim instead and "supervised", haha. With the apartment pretty much empty, there was nothing to do but talk to pass the time. It was actually really nice. We were able to have a conversation about children without either one of us getting upset. We are finally on the same page about something!



I'm kicking myself for not asking this at my follow up appointment, but I'm wondering if once we start trying we wait the typical 12 months before seeking help. I wonder this because my doctor told me the goal was for me to have as few periods as possible. If we are trying for a year, that's around 12 periods. I'll be 26 when we start trying which I know is still young so maybe it won't be an issue. My annual isn't until October so as long as nothing pops up between now and then (knocking on wood) I have to wait until then to figure out our exact game plan. Right now the tentative plan is stop BC at the end of Oct. and start trying Jan./Feb. of 2011. It seems so far away right now, but I know it will be around the corner before I know it. I just have to be patient.

I really wish I had an Easter picture to share of my little BILs. I know I'm biased, but they really are the cutest things ever, even if the oldest is trouble with a capital T :-) Unfortunately, I remembered that I forgot my camera about 5 minutes after we left, which is very typical of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment