No, I haven't lost track of time. I know it's not Monday, but it sure feels like it! Today has been some day. I was all set to write a happy post today...I know I complain a lot and I constantly have to remind myself to find the positive in life.
Yesterday we got an unexpected check in the mail from our old car insurance company which made J and I really happy. Then last night I was cleaning the kitchen and when I turned off the sink I could still hear water running. I went in the basement to check it out and found our utility sink overflowing! J and I had no idea what was going on. Thank goodness for FIL. He sent a plumber out today who fixed the problem, well for now. There was a lot of buildup on the pipe running under the basement floor. He thinks a previous homeowner dumped something down the drainpipe they shouldn't have. He was able to cut some of the gunk out which fixed the problem for now. In the next year we'll need to have the pipe jetted which will use water pressure to clean the pipe.
This morning started out bad. I found out yesterday that the space shuttle was going to be flying over this morning and it was supposed to happen 5 minutes after I usually arrive at work. I decided to get there a little earlier and park on the top of the parking structure to have a good view. I even remembered my camera. Well in my hurry to leave I forgot that J's car was parked behind me and I didn't see it because my back window was frosted. I threw my car in reverse and hit the gas...crunch! Oh God. I looked to see the damage to his car and there was a huge dent along with my paint on the front corner. Thankfully the dent popped out after a few seconds, but my silver paint is still on his 'denim' car. I thought J was going to freak about it, we just bought it brand new last summer. Somehow though, I haven't been yelled at yet. I think the plumbing emergency took all his attention. To top it all off, I waited for the shuttle and never saw it. I found out this evening that because of rain they had to take a different path so it never flew anywhere near us, boo!
Work kind of sucked too, but oh well. I do have a bit of good news. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but things have improved a little yesterday and today with my BC. I'm hoping this continues.
Have a great day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment