Friday, June 11, 2010

One Year

Tomorrow marks my one year wedding anniversary with J...holy crap! Where did the time go?! I wish more than anything I was back on that beach. I don't think I could have imagined a more beautiful wedding if I tried. It was perfect. We got married on Siesta Beach in Sarasota, Fl. right before sunset, it was so gorgeous.

The weather here has officially turned to summer and the last 2 weeks have been mostly humid and warm. When I step outside each morning to go to work and I breath in the muggy air my mind travels back to Florida and Siesta Key. Digging my toes into the sand and listening to the ocean while I glisten from the sun and humidity. Ahh...it was so calming. I'd never been to Siesta Key before our wedding, just saw pictures and said "That's it!". Before our trip there we had not been huge fans of Florida. Nice to visit, but we'd never want to live there. We choose Florida for our wedding because we wanted somewhere tropical, but our family didn't want to spend a lot and my MIL didn't want to fly. Within a couple days of setting foot in Siesta Key J turned to me and said "I could live here". We were both completely in love. We agreed if we ever got rich we'd buy a house down there. It sure as heck ain't cheap! I think maybe, maybe I could deal with the bugs. Surprisingly, the palmettos (I think that's what they're called) didn't bother me much. For anyone who's never heard of these, they're pretty much flying cockroaches.

So, I'm really missing Florida right now, specifically the beach. We have a few beaches around here, but they are nothing like Siesta Beach. I think that beach spoiled me.

We are not really doing anything special for our anniversary. J started a new job a couple months ago and works second shift, Saturdays included, and one of the company's policies is that you can not switch or take off shifts for the first 90 days. *BUT* his boss is being really nice and letting him leave at six so we can go out to dinner. Yay!

Sunday is his sister's baby shower and the guys are going to Indianapolis for a car show so I won't see him most of the day. I know I should be excited for my sister-in-law, but it's hard when everyone's talking about babies and I think to myself I wonder if that will ever be me. I'm sure it will be nice though. I just have to think that soon there will be a new baby in the family. With my little BILs, I get to see them at family functions, but they're more interested in grandma and grandpa, not us. Plus they have a nanny and babysitters so we are never asked to watch them. I know my SIL will need help and hopefully we will be asked to watch him. I sure need the practice. As much as I want and would love a child of my own, I'm not confident that I have any maternal instinct. A lot has to do with how my parents raised me, but hopefully it'll kick in when I have a child of my own.

Now that I've completely digressed from my original topic, I think I'll end with some wedding pictures. Happy anniversary J!




2 comments: