Friday, June 4, 2010

2-6

Today I turned 26. Well, officially I turn 26 in less than 2 hours, but close enough. It's been a good day. Nothing spectacular, just a nice quiet day. I had a good day at work, came home to find my b-day present from J sitting on the kitchen table (a sewing machine!), went to Olive Garden with two friends for dinner, and spent the rest of the night catching up with message boards, blogs, and FB.

In the days leading up to my birthday I did something I haven't done in years past, and that's reflect on the past year's accomplishments and my hopes for this coming year. Twenty-five will be the year I got married, welcomed a new brother-in-law, found out I'm going to be an aunt, bought my first house, and had my first surgery. That's a lot of big things! My hopes for twenty-six are taking our dream trip to Japan and trying to start a family. Not sure how realistic those hopes are, but a girl can dream.

Now it's off to bed because even though it's my birthday, I work all weekend so I have to be up early :-(

1 comment: