This week I was playing with zoom exposure for a photo challenge. I thought it would be fun to try it out on the skyline of the major city I live near. This isn't the photo I submitted for the challenge, but I really like it.
To get this kind of effect set your aperture high (mine was f/22) and set your shutter speed low (I believe I used a 5 second exposure here). Start zooming before you release the shutter and then continue to zoom until the shutter closes. In this picture I started out at 200mm and zoomed out during the exposure. It's fun to play around with.
pretty! so, you move the focus as you shoot? how'd you do that??
ReplyDeletevisiting from m3bb
my main site: http://findingserendipity.com
This is so eye-catching! I'm going to have to explore zoom exposure now.
ReplyDeletebeautiful shot, that exposure shot is really neat.
ReplyDeleteI really love it!
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat!
ReplyDeletevery nice and i love you blog deco
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone!
ReplyDeleteTo get this kind of effect set your aperture high (mine was f/22) and set your shutter speed low (I believe I used a 5 second exposure here). Start zooming before you release the shutter and then continue to zoom until the shutter closes. In this picture I started out at 200mm and zoomed out during the exposure. It's fun to play around with.