As I mentioned in a recent post, my sister got engaged for St.Nick's. Well, they haven't wasted any time. They've already set a date and lined up the church and hall. My sister also got her wedding dress already and is deciding on colors and bridesmaid dresses. On Christmas Day she showed me her dress (it's gorgeous!) and asked me to be her matron of honor. I'm nervous and excited. I've never been a bridesmaid before and since my wedding wasn't exactly traditional so I'm not sure of all my job duties.
The wedding is October 15th of next year and I have a lot of weight to lose. 30lbs. That's how much weight I've gained since my wedding. I know what I have to do. Count calories, watch my portions, and get to the gym regularly. Like 3-5 times a week. I also need to cut out soda from my diet and get my water bottle back out. If doing all that doesn't work, well then I'm screwed. It's so depressing not being able to fit into most of my clothes. Well, I should say most of my tops fit okay. It's the pants that I don't fit into. My fat seems to all be in my waistline and makes me look like I'm pregnant. I wouldn't mind looking pregnant if there was actually a baby in there, but nope, just fat. I want to get in shape before we get pregnant anyway. Pregnancy does a number on the body as it is and I figure post-baby won't be quite as bad if I'm in decent shape to begin with.
In my last post I mentioned that I had tried out taking pictures of the moon. I found some instructions on flickr and decided to give it a try.

Not bad for my first attempt I think. I cropped the image but that's all I did. I'm sure it could look better with some help from photoshop.
Last week I got back in to the baking spirit and tried my hand at snowmen cake pops. In theory they seem easy enough to make. Bake a box cake mix, crumble and stir in a can of frosting, then shape into balls and chill, once chilled add sticks and dip in candy melts and decorate. Yeah, they took all.freaking.day. I know I'm not the fastest cook or baker, but they were tedious. I'm happy to say though that all that labor of love paid off. They looked great and tasted delicious! I could have kept them all for myself, but I didn't. I took them to work and shared them with family. Everyone loved them and thought I was so creative. I'm not though. I just took the idea from Bakerella. Next on my list of recipes to try out are Butterbeer cupcakes. Inspired by the Harry Potter series and they looked really good.


This week we are on a mission. A mission to get rid of mice. Apparently some mice have decided to take up residence in our attic. I'm not sure how long they've been there. They probably came in somehow when it got cold out. The only way we knew they were there was because one of them (or maybe more I can't be sure) is fond of chewing on the wires up there. We could hear it chewing above the fan in the bathroom. We didn't want to kill it so J bought a no kill trap and put it up there. He checked it twice a day with no luck. So I decided we needed to bait it even though the hardware store guy said not to. I put a dollop of peanut butter in there and we waited. The next day when J came home from work he checked and low and behold there were two little guys in there! We decided to set them free and drove about a mile away and let them go in a field. I know it sounds crazy but I felt bad for them. Sticking them out in the cold not knowing if they would make it. J's step-dad told us there were probably more up there and sure enough that night I heard one up there chewing again above the fan. Little bugger! I wonder how many more we will catch. I'm imagining the scene from Ratatouile where the ceiling falls in the little old lady's home and there's like a million rats, lol. I'm sure it's not that bad.
Here they are when we set them free.Okay, so I'm almost caught up on blogging. I'm going to save Christmas for a post of it's own since it will be mostly pictures. I *might* post that on New Year's Eve. I'm planning on staying in and doing nothing because I have to work really early New Year's Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment